All vinyl windows manufactured by Wellington Windows and Doors are warranted against defects in materials and workmanship, occurring as a result of the manufacturing process. The following window part and components are covered during the stated period, under normal use and service, subject to the terms and conditions contained in this limited warranty.
LIFETIME ON VINYL FRAME AND SASH MEMBERS – Wellington Windows and Doors warrants that Wellington windows shall be free of defects in normal material and workmanship that result in blistering, peeling, flaking or corroding of the vinyl window frame or vinyl window sash which have a lifetime warranty.
INSULATED GLASS – Wellington Windows and Doors warrants that your insulation glass units contained in the windows will conform to the Federal specification for insulating glass units and that under normal conditions there will not be an obvious obstruction of vision which is the result of film formation or dust collection between the interior glass surfaces for a long as you own your home in accordance with all terms specified in this warranty
GENERAL CONDITIONS – The Limited Lifetime Warranty stipulated in this document is the only warranty applicable to the vinyl windows manufactured by Wellington Windows and Doors
To the extent permitted by law, Wellington Windows and Doors shall not be liable for consequential damages of any kind, including, but not limited to, any damage to the building, its contents or any person therein, inconvenience of Wellington Windows and Doors or its distributors or contractors is authorized to make any change in or modification to this warranty.
PRODUCT USE – The Limited Lifetime Warranty applies only in respect of Wellington vinyl window products used in normal residential applications in Canada or in the United States and strictly for the purpose for which they are intended and in respect of the building in which they were originally installed. This warranty is extended to the original owner of residential single dwelling only. Warranty of condominiums, rental, commercial or institutional properties is limited to ten (10) years only or less as specified herein.
REPLACEMENT PARTS OR REPAIRS – Wellington Windows and Doors reserves the right to discontinue or change of any design or method of manufacture. If Wellington Windows and Doors agrees to make a replacement under the terms of this Limited warranty and an exact replacement part is not available, Wellington reserves the right to substitute a part of equal or superior quality at its sole discretion.
The warranty period in respect of any Wellington vinyl window product installed pursuant to this Limited Warranty shall be equal to the remainder of the warranty period applicable to the Wellington vinyl window product originally installed.
LIMITED WARRANTY LIMITATIONS – Wellington’s liability hereunder is limited solely and exclusively to repair or replacement, at the option of Wellington Windows and Doors, or the defective Wellington vinyl window product and Wellington will not be liable for any labour or installation costs. All part are F.O.B. or the closest authorized Wellington Dealer/Distributor. This warranty is to the original owner and is in effect for as long as you own your home. A portion of this warranty can be transferred to a new owner provided that Wellington receives written notification of the change within 30 days of the property changing ownership else the warranty ceases to be in effect. A transferred warranty is limited to the duration of a condominium warranty from the original date of purchase of the windows.
EXCLUSIONS FROM LIMITED WARRANTY COVERAGE
This Limited Warranty does not apply to and Wellington shall not be liable for any failure, defect or damage resulting from or in connection with any of the following:
• Normal weathering and exposure to harmful chemicals, air pollutants and atmospheric conditions that may cause all vinyl windows to gradually fade, chalk or suffer an accumulation of surface dirt or stains. These are normal occurrences and are not covered under this Warranty.
• Any defect, malfunction, or failure to perform that has occurred from unreasonable use, improper installation or failure to perform reasonable or necessary cleaning and maintenance.
• Any damage to the window components or the window caused by settlement or structural defects of the building in which they are installed.
• Any damage caused by wind, hail, lightning or other acts of God, intentional act, accident, negligence or exposure to harmful chemicals or pollutants, including the use of harmful cleaning solvents or abrasives. Any damage caused by painting or coating of vinyl components not approved by Wellington in writing.
• Defects or breakage of a product or product component resulting from excessive thermal or physical stress, including, but not limited to, broken glass or torn screens.
• Damage caused by improper handling or installation.
• Any window that has been repaired or tampered with by any person other than authorized representative of Wellington.
• Condensation on the windows, that may occur as the natural result of humidity within the house or building area and changes in the outside temperature, does not indicate a manufacturing defect and is not covered under this warranty.
• Window sizes that do not fall within the minimum and maximum dimensions of Wellington standard product offering, as published.
In the event that Wellington obligations under this Limited Warranty is sought, the Owner must notify the Dealer/Distributor in writing by registered mail and within thirty (30) days after the defect has first appeared.